Thursday, July 17, 2008

Painting.....

I've already decided I am dabbling in way too many things, but something is gnawing at my heels..... Painting. I've "used" paint in journals, I've used paint on several types of craft projects, I've just never ...you know.... PAINTED! I want to try .... I don't know where to begin. Portrait? Nature? Fantasy? And my sketching/drawing/painting skills are.....seriously....not good....but I don't even care about that. I know it's the old antage....practice practice practice, learn a little, then practice some more.
What I'm wondering is where to start? What am I going to paint ON? My 12x12 scrapbook cardstock? (Oh, no!! that's too big and intimidating, Sandra!) On paper? (Well what kind of paper?) On canvas board? And once I make up my fickle mind.... do I prepare the surface with something first? Do I collage first - then paint, then write/journal/title last? Grr...
I will: This weekI will: 1. Read and learn more about painting "portraits"
2. Finish my scrapbookpages from for my work swap
3. Finish my journal pages
Next week I will: 1. Continue to read/learn about paininting portraits
2. Finish reading my library book
3. Do background pages ahead, in my journal
Third week I will: 1: Be on vacation
2: Sit on the dock and begin sketches, to paint when I come back.

That's my plan and I'm stickin' to it~!


No comments: