Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Saturday



Well, today was our third football game of the season. Game #1 - We won! Game #2 - We lost. What will today bring? Hmm... we have a small team of 14 players, with two that can't make weight and one injured.

They had a great game and a great attitude today! My hubby coaches...
and the defensive line improved a TON. We didn't "give" anything away to the other team. Our son in particular was allowed to start today and I can't count how many times they announced his name for blocks and tackles! He's number 28.

They played with all of their hearts today and despite a pretty bad loss they were really proud of themselves.

Almost all of the boys on the team have entered middle school this year and a few of them have had problems adjusting to the change, and a few have been "picked on" by the 7th and 8th graders. The team, both the "popular" and the "not-so-popular" have learned to all stick together and watch out for each other. They all sit together at lunch now and seem to have bonded regardless of their individual backgrounds. It's nice to watch them grow and mature.
We have a "by" next weekend so that gives us two weeks for the injured student to recover and the two that have been working on their weight are pretty confident they will be ready to play in two weeks. The team is working so hard and they are super supportive of each other. I can't wait to see what the next game brings.


When we came home, I worked on my collage a little more, and I'm sure I will do more tonight, but here is where I am at.




1 comment:

Anne said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun at the football game! :-)