Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Yes… Another vacation post

We decided to take a day to venture into Tawas City and let the kids swim in Lake Huron. What a beautiful day for it!  86 degrees and finally getting a little tan! 

DSCN0751

DSCN0750

DSCN0753

They scared seagulls away….    it’s funny how this picture turned out. It sort of looks like Alex is playing volleyball… but he’s just chasing birds!  LOL

DSCN0759

Played in the sand…

DSCN0763

I love having dedicated time for the kids. Despite all their silly antics, they grow up so quickly and become beautiful young adults. I think these are my two favorite pics of the day. So beautiful.

DSCN0761 DSCN0769

 

After we got back to the cabin, Courtney and I spent some time drawing and creating.  I played in my art journal and Courtney has been drawing on loose leaf paper and collecting them in a “school folder”.  She’s a good little artist~!  I think like me, she likes the quiet time to put her thoughts together and let them flow out of her pens. I Love it~!  It will be a good excuse for me to wander around the stores for a new journal and make a little journal gift for her.   (Shhh~!)  

DSCN0749

DSCN0742

DSCN0743

I finishes up a couple of pages I had started some time ago….

DSCN0744

DSCN0746

And…!    The best part… LOL….  My husband even drew a picture of me as we played~!   He doesn’t understand the whole art journal concept, but I think maybe he secretly wanted to be a part of it. LOL

DSCN0748

DSCN0747

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sandy,
You are so wonderfully creative. I enjoy your terrific pictures and blog. I am happy to call you my friend. Miss you.
Jenn

SUE said...

Hi Sandy - love the family album photos and it must be great to sit with your daughter and create ....