Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Art Journal

I've been working in my art journal the last couple of days....and I'm getting close to finishing my "Medusa" page, inspired by a comment cuteartworld left on my "Pancake Sat." blog. You know what though? I had an awesome conversation with my 10 year old son the other night when I was putting him to bed (yes....he's a momma's boy!....and readily admits it. Big difference between a mamma's boy...and a "sissy boy".... in my opinion...and he's no sissy boy!)

anywhoo..... so I'm working on Medusa, I also started a background for a page about my son and I's conversation. Of course that lead to doing a few extra backgrounds. Am I A.D.D, or does anyone else have that problem? I would LOVE, just once, to start something, and finish it! I seem to dabble in so many different things, that I'm all over the place, constantly trying to finish, "unfinished projects".

Then, of course, there is reading.... I have to have time at night to read, too! right now, I'm reading the Belle Far, by Sylvia Plath. I know God made things perfect....but I really really wish He would have made the days..... like.... 50 hours long. And!!.... not even need an intravenous supply of Mt Dew and cappuccino to stay awake!

will be posting the journal pages in next day or two....



4 comments:

Iris said...

Oh man I hear you on the unfinished project thing. I've always got a few going. And I do the same thing with reading books. Right now I'm reading "Wicked" for Suzi Blu's project, "Get in the Van" by Henry Rollins, and "Just A Geek" by Wil Wheaton. lol All VASTLY different from each other.

And I couldn't handle it if days were officially 50 hours long. My days already blend together like that. I've had about 12 hours of sleep over the past 3 days and the only reason I've had that much is because I went to be "early" last night...at midnight. Raise your hand if you're an insomniac. ;)

Sandy..... said...

I'm so incredibly jealous....I wanted/want to read Wicked along w/Suzi Blu, too, but I know it's biting off more than i can chew. (and I've got a pretty monsterous mouth!)

back up plan: I'm reading The Belle Far (as my mother would say)... "like a wee hoose on fire", to I can finish it up and move on to Wicked!

KayakChickee said...

I got "Wicked" from the Paperbackswap.com website that someone recommended on Suzi's website. The website worked great, but I haven't even started the book. Suzi hasn't commented on it lately. Probably because of the new doggie, Holly.

Thanks for the comment on my losing these four pounds this past week. I'm just so motivated right now! I was tired of being tired. Tired of staring into my closet for five minutes trying to figure out what I was going to feel comfortable wearing. Tired of my skin breaking out and looking pimply. Honestly, I had no sex drive either which really bugged my husband. I could go on and on. I think you just personally have to reach the point where you just decide you need to do it; just for you! That and paying the WW fee makes you want to lose pounds or why bother paying, right?

Unknown said...

My son is a couple weeks away from being 10 years old also, and my favorite time of the day is when I tuck him into bed. We have such great talks at that time - just he and I together.

I'm with you on the projects/ADD :)
I like to do so many things, it's hard to keep it all straight somedays. But we are never bored, are we?