Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving/My new space/and a Blog Award~!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Thanksgiving at the Speer home went very well! Three of the four kids came home, plus both of our parents, a nephew and a niece! I love a house full of family and as usual, I cooked waaaay too much and everyone got a "doggie bag". Unfortunately, I completely forgot to take pictures! My blessings are bountiful! God has been good to me!

Black Friday is something I normally do every year, but just not something I wanted to vest my time in this year. The only child left at home is 11 and bless his heart, is very content. He only as four things on his "list" this year. I did manage to make it to Lowes around 11:00am for a new 6.5 foot tree with 500 lights on the prelit tree for $58.00, so I was pleased with that.


Ok, so one of the other things I've done with my time away from blogging was move my......."space". I'm not sure what to call it any more. It started as scrap booking table - then evolved to scrapping and journaling table, to scrapping/journaling/art journaling and then to scrapping/journaling/art journaling/painting & collaging table. So! With all these additions of creativity, I've outgrown my little space in the computer room and I have moved my newly titled "Art Space" to the basement. It was nice having it next to the computer, for referencing, printing pictures and blogging, but I'm so much happier in the basement. I have a TON more room, a stereo and a T.V., too! (now I just feel guilty that I'm so "removed" from the rest of the family.





Today, I'm taking the time to be creative and am in my new art home, full of ideas. Mostly trying to get caught up in my son's scrapbook that I'm soooo far behind in!




But anywhoo..... I come upstairs to take a break - cuppa tea - and check my blog and discover.....

I've been awarded my VERY FIRST blog AWARD ever! Woo-Hoo~!


This award states: This award states that: This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY- nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends, they are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these artists.


Thank you so much Linda, for the prestigious award! I've met so many wonderful people here and it's so nice to see not only the appreciation for my what seems like feeble blog attempts at times, but for the friendship that is offered between each other, as well! I would like to extend the award to:


The always faithful, Dove.
The very brave and real, Erica.
The always encouraging and creative, Linda.
And my warm friend, Karen.

2 comments:

Linda Vincent said...

Thank you so much Sandy - that is such a lovely thing to say.
Your new workspace looks great - its so nice to have a refuge! The scrapbooking pages are fabulous.
Happy Thanksgiving!!
Love
Linda x

Anne said...

Hi, Sandy! Congratulations on the lovely blog award! And on your new Artsy Space! Woo-hoo!