Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pumpkin Cake

This was a dish that someone at work brought in and it was soooo yummy!
I plan on making it for my family on Thanksgiving and thought I'd share.

Pumpkin Cake
1 lg can pumpkin
1 lg can evaporated milk
1 c sugar
3 eggs
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt

1 pkg yellow cake mix (dry)
1 cup chopped pecans
2 stick butter/margarine

Mix first 6 ingredients together and pour into greased 9x13 pan
Sprinkle dry cake mix over top of pumpkin mixture then the nuts.

Pour melted butter on top

Bake at 350 for 50-60 min until pumpkin is set.

Top with cool whip.

2 comments:

Linda said...

That Pumpkin cake does sound yummy.

Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you have an abundance of great food to munch on and many things to feel thankful for.

Best Wishes,

Linda

Linda said...

I'm back, I just wanted you to know I have an award for you on my blog.