Sunday, May 16, 2010

Back Again……

Hello fellow bloggers~!



Although I have regularly read my all my favorite blogs, I can’t even believe it’s been nine months since I’ve blogged myself. As I look at my last post, I also can’t believe it’s been almost a year since one of our closest friends, Clarence, has passed.



So what the heck have I been doing with myself? How do I cover eight months of life into the space of one blog post? Impossible~!





  • Our eldest son and his family moved from Michigan, to Oklahoma.


215





  • Our second eldest son and daughter in-law had their third beautiful baby.


Zoey





  • Our third eldest.. our daughter and husband had their first baby.


Alex 020





  • We’ve added almost 500 square feet on to our home and we’ve bought three four wheelers for some summer adventures.


IMGP5157





  • Our third eldest, our daughter and her family, followed her brother to Oklahoma.


(I don’t have a picture to post of them because they both run whenever they see a camera in my hand~! brats)





What have I done on the creative front? Being honest with myself, not a whole lot. I’ve still journal obsessively. I have several I’m keeping up with. My daily journal, my Bible studying journal, and my art journal. I’ve done some scrapbooking, a couple of paintings, and I’m working on an abstract piece from left over planks from the wood floor we installed when we added on to the house and pictures of that will follow once it’s completed.



So I ask myself, “How do I get back into the “blog swing”? I start with the “now”.



We’ve just had a fantastic ending to a really good weekend. The driver of our race car moved up to the “pro-stock” class and his first race in the class, the first race of the season, he won his heat race and finished third in the feature~!





We had two of the grand kids spend the night Saturday night and totally enjoyed spending time with them~! We swung on the swings, we rode the dour wheelers around the yard, we attached the lawn mower “cart” and drove the neighborhood kids around, too. Chayse and Papa ate popcorn and snuggled till they feel asleep with Gran and Taryn had a nail polish party and Taryn did her own page in Gran’s “special art journal”. Of course they didn’t want to go to bed, and wanted to sleep with us respectively. LOL.



DSCN0351



DSCN0381



We finished the weekend with church in the morning, and when the kids came to pick up the grand-kids, it turned into a full day of grilling out, more four wheeling, and just spending time with each other.



IMGP5357





Translation…. play play play… till we all fell asleep for a mid-afternoon nap~!



IMGP5373



IMGP5375



The night/weekend ended with a my husband, myself, our son, and his friend taking a bike ride up to the ice cream store. :) Cappuccino crunch is the best~!



Smitty's



Good-night all… and here’s the beginning to keeping up on my blog again. I find when I blog… I tend to be more creative at the same time. I can’t wait to sit on my new deck this summer, and paint away while watching the kiddies play.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Hey you're back!! Looks like you've had a very busy but wonderful 9 months off. Congratulations on the new grand babies. They both look so adorable.

Anyway, great to have you back and thanks for visiting my blog and commenting.

Kim Mailhot said...

Glad to know life has been keeping you well and watching your lovely family grow.
Welcome back, Sandy !

Mescrap said...

Welcome back.
Congratulation on the new grand babies. They both are the cutest.

Cheryl Gebhart said...

You've certainly been busy when you weren't blogging! Nice to have grandkids - our only son doesn't have any children yet, but we're hopeful he will someday.

Thanks for commenting on my blog.

Anonymous said...

well I did wonder..


but life must have been juicy,

so who cares if the virtual world waits?