Saturday, August 9, 2008

Soul Journal Inchies

I just finished my inchies layout from Sarah Whitmire's soul journal page. Yesterday I gesso'd the pages and distressed them with a wash of "toast" acrylic paint. I finished the night off with sitting in my over sized chair, watching TV, drinking tea, and choosing my 24 images. We actually rented the movie, "There will be blood". I was a good movie, but with all the academy awards it had received, I was sort of disappointed.
Anywhooo....




Today, I glued the images to the pages. Then I choose two colors to mix that I don't normally use. I used parakeet blue and Irish mint. I'm really happy with how it turned out and had a ton of fun doing it. I'm not sure why, but I think my favorite image is the yellow flower.





I hope my fellow soul journal-ers are having as much fun as I am! I've even shared my excitement and the process with my sister-in-law who hasn't dabbled with art very much, and I think she's going to give it a shot! I may even go shopping tonight (if I can convince the hubby to allow me to drag him shopping while we are out tonight, that is..) for some basic supplies for her!

Oh~! By the way.... I've passed one pesky stone...and have one more to go! I'm not sure if that's good or bad yet. :)

6 comments:

Christy said...

I love your colors here. The blue and mint go lovely together. I like your yellow flower too. It really pops on the page.

Annette said...

Sandy,
Thanks for you nice comment on my blog!
I really love your new journal pages here. Are they on cloth? It looks like cloth. Maybe you mentioned it and I missed it. Sometimes I do that.
Anni

Linda Vincent said...

Hi Sandy, thanks for visiting me. Glad you're enjoying the soul journal - I've had a great time with it. I love your armour dress, where did you get the picture from?
Linda

Anne said...

Hi, Sandy! Love your inchies pages and your Soul Armor! Wow! I've been having so much fun working on my Soul Journal - and seeing all of the other cool pages done by all my fellow Soul Journalers! This is so much fun!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Gaal Creative. If you'd like to trade blog links, let me know! (Just click through my name and e-mail me!)

Cheryl Gebhart said...

This turned out really great! I love seeing how all of our inchies pages are different, even though we each used the same prompts.

notmassproduced said...

hi - thanks for the comment on my blog - i love the art you are creating here :o)