Thursday, August 14, 2008

Soul Journal - Tape Pages

I had a lot of fun following Sarah's instructions for the "tape pages". I gathered up some painter's, duct, silver, electrical, masking, and decrotive tapes first.



After writing over the pages, I covered the writing randomly, with the different tapes.


+

And finally, distressed the edges of the pages and wash them with an orange and yellow acrylic paint mixture, wiping off some of the wet pain, giving it an even more distressed look. I'm not sure how I will use these pages, but the texture on them are great! I really enjoyed doing these.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Sandy - I really like how your taped pages turned out! I especially like the decorative tapes you used. And that big X of electrical tape is just calling out for a treasure map of some kind! You know, "X marks the spot!"

Thanks for voicing your opinion on my blog! I appreciate you taking the time to look at my photos and picking your 3 favorites for my potential jewelry project!