Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A whole mish-mash of stuff....

I've worked a little bit more on the board for church...

The puzzle pieces represent pieces of the church coming together as a whole.... and of course the words, that I posted before, that I've changed a little bit. Hopefully the next time I post about this it will be the finished board!

What else? Hmmm... I've journaled every day, but I really miss my art journal! It calls my name every name. Nor Have I scrap booked lately either. I don't like weeks like this one. You know those weeks when you're so busy and tired that you don't have time for creativity or reading or any of those things we do to regain some of our sanity? I find the weeks nearing it's end and the laundry piling up and the house not quite the way it should be... but find myself asking - what in the world HAVE I DONE...all week? (and not really know an answer!)
My husband's Mom is in the hospital with pneumonia (she is nearing 70 and already has congestive heart failure) and my daughter in law has been in the hospital twice with pre-mature contractions, (she's only 32 weeks), my husband has his own medical issues we have been preparing for and my Mom's .... (Hi Mom....! ILU)..... birthday is tomorrow and I want her to know how much she is loved and not forgotten about on her day.
I have to wonder, maybe I'm not that busy! Maybe everything is just to heavy on my head...that it feels like it. Hmmm.... maybe that's why I go to bed at 11:00 and lay there staring at the ceiling and don't fall asleep until 3:00 AM? Boy I hope the hubby is enjoying those back rubs!! lol

4 comments:

purplecat said...

Sorry you are having a tough week- sending you hugs and blessings xx

Kim Mailhot said...

There is so much on your plate right now Sandy !

Be sure to be gentle with yourself. Do some little nice things for yourself - self-care and little doses of self-love got me through a recent rough patch. That and the gratitude for what was good.

Try filling yourself back up a little bit at a time so you can continue to give...he gets back rubs ? what about 3 minutes of a hand rub with lovely smelling lotion for yourself ? Sit in the sun for a minute or two after you park the car - the heat will last that long even after the engine is off and you can feel that warmth on your face through the glass. Just little things to treat your best friend to - your very best friend is you !

I hope the rough patch smooths out soon.

Anonymous said...

i CRIED WHEN i READ kIM'S COMMENT

SHE IS SOOOO RIGHT

MOM

Sandy..... said...

Holy Moly, guys, did I come off as THAT ....whiny & unhappy?
LOL - I really didnt mean to!
Just busy....that's all.
But THANK YOU~!